søndag 5. januar 2014

Tutorial at Let's Scrap

Friday was it my turn to post a tutorial at Let's Scrap.  I use a fair amount of chipboards and wood embellishments and likes to color them in different ways. So I made ​​a tutorial on how to color them with distress ink and embossing powder / UTEE.
Tutorial can be found at Let's Scrap,, Tutorial #52. To view you must be logged in. Lots of great inspiration both through sketches, challenges and tutorials so just join us, if you haven't already.

I made ​​a few layouts and a card with the things I used in the tutorial and thought I show them here.

First, a layout with pictures from Ireland, made ​​after a sketch from Let's Scrap:


Here are some closeups of some of the chipboards, I used white acrylic paint, distress inks, distress stain and UTEE on these:



The next is a card where I used a chipboard paisly (this is also made after a sketch at Let's Scrap). The text says "Life is full of joy".:


I used white acrylic paint, distress inks, distress stain and UTEE on this to. I split the piece when I colored it to get more difference in the color, as you can see.



So over to the wood pieces. The effect is different on these and I went for making them look old and a bit rusty. This layout are also based on a sketch at Let's Scrap and the photos are from a trip with an old railroad i Setesdalen in Norway. The title says "Here we can dream..." and the text goes about big boys dreams of old trains.

Here are the wood embellishments, now looking old and rusty, to fit the theme of the layout:



The papers on both the layouts are from previous kits from Swirlydoos.