torsdag 19. november 2015

November double page sketch at Stick it Down

It's time for more inspiration from the double sketch team at Stick it Down for the November sketch.

Here is my layout:


And the sketch:



I must say that when I first saw this sketch I wondered how I would be able to make a layout. If I hadn't been on the team, I would probably just have looked at it and desided not to use it. Now that wasn't an option and I must say I'm thankful for that.
I used long time to fine photos, and I do have a lot of them - way too many, but most of them are horisontal not vertical, so that was my first struggle. At last I found these photos which we took in Durham, England, last year, and decided to let the two small photo be horisontal.
Then it was the HUGE title - I decided to use that space for a large title, some journaling and som embellishments.
When I had come so far in the process I was pretty satisfied, and now when I'm finnished, I even think I like this sketch.

So, if you think this sketch (or any other for that reason) is impossible for your photos or style, just give it a go and try, don't give up at first sight. You might even find out it's fun, inspiring and stimulating for your scrapping.

Here are some closeups.
First the embellishments on the left page. I colored the chipboard (from Blue Fern Studio) with gesso and spray's from Lindys Stamp Gang.

The large letters are colored with gesso and Inklingz in three different colores.
The journaling says that we stopped in Durham on our way from Lindisfarne to York to see the cathedral and a bit about the cathedral.


I used alpha-dies for the word "Cathedral".


I used two metal embellishments.
The butterflies are punched out in cardstock and colored with one of the spray's that I used on the chipboard.


I put on some half-pearls randomly.


Why don't you give this sketch a try and join us at Stick it Down for November.

Ingen kommentarer: